Marin County Utilities

You’ve sold or bought a Marin County Home.  Here is a comprehensive list with all the information you need to contact Marin County Utilities and other service providers to start or terminate service:


  • Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) – (800) 743-5000 or go to to start service.  Visit to review information about smart meters.
  • Marin Clean Energy (MCE). When you open a PG&E account you are automatically enrolled in the MCE Light Green program, which uses 50% renewable energy. The cost is an additional $0.079 per kilowatt hour. You have 60 days to opt out of the MCE program. For an additional $0.01 per kilowatt hour, you can subscribe to 100% renewable enegry (Deep Green program) by calling MCE at (888) 632-3674. Marin Clean Energy
  • Marin Municipal Water District (Southern & Central) – (415) 945-1455 or go to  to order service on line.
  • North Marin Water District (Novato) – (415) 897-4133. Visit for information about water quality, etc.


  • Mill Valley Refuse  – Belvedere, Corte Madera, Mill Valley, Strawberry, and Tiburon (including surrounding county areas), -(415) 457-9760.  Visit for information about garbage pickups, recycling, composting, etc…
  • Tamalpais Community Service District  – Tam Valley (Unincorporated County of Marin, between the city of Mill Valley and the Sausalito/Marin City area). -(415) 388-6393.  Visit  for information about services.
  • Bay Cities Refuse – Sausalito and Marin City – (415) 332-3646.  Visit  for additional information about services.
  • Marin Sanitary Service  -Larkspur, Ross, San Anselmo, San Rafael, Kentfield, Greenbrae, and Marinwood, (including unincorporated areas of Fairfax and San Anselmo) – (415) 456-2601.  Visit for information about garbage pickups, recycling, composting  etc.
  • Fairfax Refuse and Recycling – Fairfax – 415-453-8355
  • Novato Disposal Services, -Novato, (415) 897-4177.
  • Shoreline Disposal Service/Waste Management  – West Marin –  (800) 862-4659
  • Marin Recycling Center  – Bulk disposal and recycling – (415) 453-1404.  Visit www.marins
    for information.
  • Electronics Disposal – (800) 780-0347 or visit


Note: When ordering satellite TV service, it is recommended that you request a written quote before subscribing.


Please note that several Municipalities and Sewer Districts in Marin County have enacted point-of-sale requirements with regard to private sewer laterals.  Please click on the link below for a list of the current ordinances, phone numbers and website information (where available) for the various municipalities or districts and their respective ordinances provided by the Marin Association of Realtors. The association does its best to keep the list up to date, but it is highly recommended that you contact your provider directly to verify the information and ask any questions.

If you have just bought or sold a home, and have agreed to undertake the sewer lateral repairs, please contact the relevant sewer district directly to avail yourself of all the relevant information, ordinances and time frames.

Marin County Sewer Lateral Ordinances – Marin Association of Realtors



After you move, make sure to contact the California DMV to change your address:

  • Corte Madera: (800) 777-0133 – Address: 75 Tamal Vista Boulevard,Corte Madera
  • Novato: (415) 897-0490 – Address: 936 7th Street A, Novato or visit to complete a change of address form.


When you purchase or sell a home, the title company will calculate your pro-rata share of property taxes for the remainder of the tax period and you will either pay it at closing if you are buying the home or be reimbursed for it if you are selling. Make sure your escrow officer explains how this work when you sign escrow documents.

After you move in to your new home, you may receive a supplementary tax bill based on the new assessed value of the house. You must pay this. If you have any questions, call the Marin County Tax Collector- (415) 499-6133.

IMPORTANT: You are responsible for the next semi-annual installment payment on your property taxes. If you do not receive a bill, contact the Marin Country Tax Collector (phone number below)–you are still responsible. Your taxes are delinquent after April 10 and December 10.

Click here for a comprehensive guide on Marin County Property Taxes.


  • Blue & Gold Fleet (Sausalito, Tiburon and Angel Island Ferries)- (415) 705-5555 or visit for schedules.
  • Golden Gate Transit (Bus & Ferry) – (415) 455-2000 or visit for information on bridge tolls and ferry schedules.
  • Marin Airporter – (415) 461-4222 or visit for schedules, fares and pick-up locations.
  • Red & White Fleet (Ferry) – (800) 229-2784 or visit  for information on Bay Cruises and private charters


  • Emergency – 911
  • California Highway Patrol -(415) 924-1100
  • Marin County Sheriff –  (415) 479-2311
  • Marin County Fire Department – (415) 499-6717



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *