You’ve sold or bought a Marin County Home. Here is a comprehensive list with all the information you need to contact Marin County Utilities and other service providers to start or terminate service:
GAS, ELECTRIC AND WATER
- Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) – (800) 743-5000 or go to http://www.pge.com/myhome to start service. Visit www.pge.com/smartmeter to review information about smart meters.
Visit www.allconnect.com where you can start multiple home services for your new address with a few clicks of your mouse with Simple Connections. Phone: 1-866-428-1685
SimpleConnections is a free program, from Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), to make your move easier. Just click to compare providers, packages and prices in your local service area – then select your installation preferences and complete the easy checkout process to save time and energy during your move.
- Marin Municipal Water District (Southern & Central) – (415) 945-1455 or go to www.marinwater.org to order service on line.
- North Marin Water District (Novato) – (415) 897-4133. Visit www.nmwd.com for information about water quality, etc.
REFUSE & RECYCLING
- Mill Valley Refuse - Belvedere, Corte Madera, Mill Valley, Strawberry, and Tiburon (including surrounding county areas), -(415) 457-9760. Visit www.millvalleyrefuse.com for information about garbage pickups, recycling, composting, etc…
- Tamalpais Community Service District - Tam Valley (Unincorporated County of Marin, between the city of Mill Valley and the Sausalito/Marin City area). -(415) 388-6393. Visit www.tcsd.us for information about services.
- Bay Cities Refuse – Sausalito and Marin City – (415) 332-3646. Visit www.ci.sausalito.ca.us for additional information about services.
- Marin Sanitary Service -Larkspur, Ross, San Anselmo, San Rafael, Kentfield, Greenbrae, and Marinwood, (including unincorporated areas of Fairfax and San Anselmo) – (415) 456-2601. Visit www.marinsanitary.com for information about garbage pickups, recycling, composting etc.
- Fairfax Refuse and Recycling – Fairfax – 415-453-8355
- Novato Disposal Services, -Novato, (415) 897-4177.
- Shoreline Disposal Service/Waste Management - West Marin - (800) 862-4659
- Marin Recycling Center - Bulk disposal and recycling – (415) 453-1404. Visit www.marins
anitary.com for information.
- Electronics Disposal – (800) 780-0347 or visit www.allgreenrecycling.com.
TELEPHONE AND TELEVISION SERVICES
- AT&T – (800) 288-2020 for residential service or go to www.att.com
- Comcast Cable and Phone – (800) 945-2288 or go to www.comcast.com
- DirectTV satellite –(800)370-3587 or go to www.directv.com
- DishTV satellite -(877) 637-8588 or go to www.infinitydish.com
- Verizon (Residential) – (800) 483-3000 or go to www22.verizon.com/residential
Note: When ordering satellite TV service, it is recommended that you request a written quote before subscribing.
- Marin IJ – To subscribe or suspend delivery while on vacation 800-492-6845 or click here.
- San Francisco Chronicle – (415) 777-1111 or visit www.subscriber-services.com
- Wall Street Journal – 1-800-369-2834 or visit https://buy.wsj.com to order or change service.
DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES (DMV)
After you move, make sure to contact the California DMV to change your address:
- Corte Madera: (800) 777-0133 – Address: 75 Tamal Vista Boulevard,Corte Madera
- Novato: (415) 897-0490 – Address: 936 7th Street A, Novatoor visit www.dmv.ca.gov/online/coa/welcome.htm to complete a change of address form.
When you purchase or sell a home, the title company will take care of property taxes for the remainder of the tax period. Make sure your escrow officer explains this to you when you sign escrow documents.
After you move in to your new home, you may receive a supplementary tax bill based on the new assessed value of the house. You must pay this.
IMPORTANT: You are responsible for the next semi-annual installment payment on your property taxes. If you do not receive a bill, contact the Marin Country Tax Collector (phone number below)–you are still responsible. Your taxes are delinquent after April 10 and December 10.
Marin County Tax Collector- (415) 499-6133
- Blue & Gold Fleet (Sausalito, Tiburon and Angel Island Ferries)- (415) 705-5555 or visit http://blueandgoldfleet.com for schedules.
- Golden Gate Transit (Bus & Ferry) – (415) 455-2000 or visit www.goldengate.org for information on bridge tolls and ferry schedules.
- Marin Airporter – (415) 461-4222 or visit http://marinairporter.com for schedules, fares and pick-up locations.
- Red & White Fleet (Ferry) – (800) 229-2784 or visit www.redandwhite.com/ for information on Bay Cruises and private charters
- Marin Yellow Cab – (800) 774-8294
- Bay City Limousine – (866) 815-7932
MARIN LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Emergency – 911
- California Highway Patrol -(415) 924-1100
- Marin County Sheriff - (415) 479-2311
- Marin County Fire Department - (415) 499-6717
- Marin General Hospital – (415) 925-7000 – Visit www.maringeneral.org/
- Kaiser Permanente – (415) 444-2000 – Visit the Kaiser Permanente website.
- Novato Community Hospital - (415) 897-3111. Visit www.novatocommunity.org.
- Pet Emergency and Specialty Center of Marin – Open 24/7 – 415-456-7372 or visit www.petemergencycenter.com.